More than 80% of all animal and plant species found in Madagascar are endemic
- Our big island houses 100% of the world's lemurs, half of its chameleon species, 6% of its frogs
- Of the 281 bird species listed on Madagascar, 115 are found nowhere else on Earth
There are over 150 000 species of invertebrates, 365 endemic reptile species and abudant marine species across the country's 5000km of coastline
The best of Wildlife
- Spot for the tiniest chameleon of the world in Amber mountain National Park
Listen to the eerie wailing song of the Indri - the biggest existing lemur - across Analamazaotra rainforest
- Attend Hawksbill sea turle hatching on the stunning beaches of Nosy be archipelago
Hike in thick forests and meet narrow striped mongoose, families of tenrecs, tree boas...
The TAMàNA experience
Participate at a various level in reforestation and in conservation projects of endemic species
- Learn about surprising medicinal virtues of several endemic plants with our local guides
Go on nocturnal walks to discover another kind of wildlife!
Discover rare orchids - 90% of Madagascar orchids are found nowhere else!
© Tamàna Tours 2014 - Powered by Ibonia